Thursday 31 May 2018

Good night at the museum

A near-perfect night for trapping at the museum, gave me a box full of moths to sort through during the day.
Lots of new for year included White Ermine, Flame, Small Magpie, Common White Wave, Common Wave, Scorched Wing, Setaceous Hebrew Character, Lime Hawk-moth, Shoulder-striped Wainscot, Light Brocade, Spectacle, Common Swift, Grass Rivulet, Vines Rustic, Udea olivalis, Small Fan-foot, Pine Hawk-moth, Peach Blossom, Middle-barred Minor, Purple Clay and White Point.

There were a bunch of micros as well...these are the ones I'm struggling with, if anyone can help? I have managed to retain a few of them.







Dave Morris, Chalfont St Giles

5 comments:

  1. Hi Dave, I think the second one is Morophaga choragella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and the third is Ptycholoma lecheana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven’t got my books with me, but the white one is either Elachistid argentella or Opostegia salaciella. 5 looks like Metzneria lappella and the last one is a Nemapogon of some sort.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.