Sunday 6 May 2018

Pugs!

A pick up in the variety here in Longwick last night with Muslin Moth, Swallow Prominent and Lesser Swallow Prominent as well as Figure of 80, Oak Nycteoline and Pale Tussock. A few orthosias hanging on and a few pugs too - the one pictured above ( it's a poor record shot I know) was very distinctive with swept back wings and a strong discal spot. Could it be Ochreous Pug?
I have added a second image - just before it departed high and to the east! Only scattered pine in local gardens but I have a lot of leylandii and I do get Pine Carpet. Hope this si better!

3 comments:

  1. Optimist, expecting to get a pug ID from an image like that inside a pot - they're difficult enough from the best of pictures!! That said, it does look as though it could be Ochreous. Can you not try for a better picture, Andy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have added a second picture - still in the pot but almost not! Hopefully this is a bit better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slightly better, but not much! I think you are probably correct with Ochreous.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.