Saturday 29 June 2024

L of a surprise...

 I go to coastal South Wales once a year and run my trap down there. One species I am familiar with from that location didn't show up when I was there two weeks ago (partly due to the poor weather I'm sure). Or maybe it is because it turned up in my garden trap this morning... an L-Album Wainscot.


Also following on from my post the other day, here are some cocoons from the possible Willow Ermine web Winslow near; hopefully they'll help with the id?



Dave Morris, Seer Green

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dave,

    A nice, if a bit battered, L-album Wainscot. I'm sure they're becoming established in our region so something we can probably all look forward to sooner or later.

    I'd be happy with Yponomeuta rorrella for those Ermines. The way they're grouped together as pupae is typical of the Yponomeutids even though the other "difficult" ones (malinellus/padella/cagnagella) all spin up white cocoons inside the web which these don't seem to have done.

    ReplyDelete