Sunday 9 August 2015

Micros

I've been getting a fair few micros this week and need a few confirming, firstly a tiny moth which I think is Lyonetia clerkella, then Mompha propinquella, Gypsonoma minutana, Phycita roborella and an Oegoconia species? It says it is sometimes possible to ID these? I've had nearly all the Gypsonoma species, and minutana is another very local species that must have come from the Aspens in Howe Park Wood.
Lyonetia clerkella
Mompha propinquella
Gypsonoma minutana
Phycita roborella
Oegoconia Sp
Also there are two I'm not sure about.


Sorry to post so many photos today but haven't had time to put any on this week.  Also have had Calamotropha paludella (5th), Nomophila noctuella (6th) Cameraria ohridella (7th) and Tinea trinotella (8th).

Darren Seaman, Milton Keynes

4 comments:

  1. Hi Darren

    I agree with your first 5, the latter needing genital inspection to get to species.
    Of the two you are not sure about I suspect the first may be Lobesia littoralis, but I'm not certain and the final one is Delplanqueia (formerly Pempelia) dilutella.

    The Gypsonoma minutana is a good record for Bucks, although there are a number of records from Stony Stratford and the Lobesia, if correct, would be quite a good record.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My choice for the first of the two queried moths would be Argyrotaenia ljungiana.

      Delete
  2. Thanks both, think it looks more like A ljungiana, especially now I'm looking at the moth from above rather than the side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did consider A ljungiana and really ought to have said that was the other possibility. Have re-looked, I do agree with Dave.

    ReplyDelete