Friday 14 August 2015

Selasella?

Hopefully i have found my first Agriphila selasella, its definitely the best candidate I've found so far.
Selasella?
I had another Bordered Straw on Sunday night (9th), like Dave's it was darker than the one i had in June.

 New for my garden was Argyresthia goedartella
 New for the Year this week, Oak Nycteoline (9th), Buff Footman (10th), Mouse (11th), Svensson's Copper Underwing and Orange Swift (12th) Latest ever first Orange Swift date! Agriphila geniculea (13th). Also 2 photos of a micro I'm completely lost on, no idea whatsoever. Second photo is a bit rubbish though.

Darren Seaman, Milton Keynes.



4 comments:

  1. Hello Darren, I'll leave selasella for someone else to pronounce on but I agree that it does look good when you look at the handy side-by-side comparison available on the Northumberland Moths website (http://www.northumberlandmoths.org.uk/files/idtips/selasella%20-%20tristella%20ii.jpg). My thoughts on your mystery micro are that it is probably a rather worn Batrachedra praeangusta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Dave, that's praeangusta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I don't know how I didn't see that. What's your opinion on the possible selasella Peter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darren
    I think you do have selasella. White streak, dark on costal side, squared wing tip and suitable habitat over the garden fence.

    ReplyDelete