Thursday 25 April 2019

More firsts to check

Sunday night was a bumper night for me. Not only did I have 3 moths that I've had before and 3 new moths that I'm confident that I identified correctly, but I also had 4 pugs which Dave was kind enough to give the names for. Now I've just got 4 left that I'm not 100% confident about, so I would appreciate some help.

A powdered quaker?


A pale prominent?

And this one I'm really not sure about - is it a heart and dart?


Thanks.

Jacqui
Speen, Bucks


3 comments:

  1. Hi Jacqui, it is back to the drawing board for those three, I'm afraid! The first is Common Quaker, the second looks to me like Early Grey, while the third I think is a Clouded Drab. Things are definitely early this year but even so it is too early yet for Heart and Dart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! Good job I checked.
    I saw heart and dart on the flying tonight list on Hants Moths (as well as the others), so that's why I came up with it.
    Thanks for your assistance, Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great that you check those 'flying tonight' pages because they do help to narrow down the field. I think of Heart & Dart as a moth of May here but looking at my own records I see that it did appear very early in recent memory (23rd April 2011 then several more before the end of that month) so those lists are quite correct!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.