Sunday 13 August 2023

Coleophora mayrella? and others


 Am I safe in identifying this as Coleophora mayrella, based on the extensive area of scales at the base of the antennae?


This I believe is Yponomeuta plumbella, rather than a heavily marked malinellus/cagnagella; new for me if so.
Also new were these two. The first I am sure is Lyonetia clerkella-quite a challenge to spot it in the trap! The second appears to be Zelleria heparella, but the pale streak seems a bit extensive, and I'm not sure about the black spot, so maybe a worn specimen of something else?






2 comments:

  1. Hello Phil,
    Coleophora mayrella is indeed safe to name from a good photo, clearly showing the black and white ringed antennae and those extra scales at the base. You are correct with the other three too, Yponomeuta plumbella, Lyonetia clerkella and a rather tired-looking Zelleria hepariella.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.