Tuesday 4 September 2018

Confirmations and IDs please

I got what I regard as my first proper autumnal moth, Brown Spot Pinion.

I had a "Common Wainscot" that looked a bit odd - smoother and paler than usual with a slightly different wing tip - however when I got it out it looked more like an ordinary common - looking again at the pic I'm wondering again.

I'd like an opinion on the crambid with the dark line above the whitish streak.

Finally I think I have the Dark Ash Bud Moth, Prays ruficeps.

Mark Griffiths, Garsington, Oxford.









1 comment:

  1. Hi Mark, the Wainscot looks like Common to me - there are plenty of faded examples out there now as they get a bit long in the tooth. The crambid shot has been taken from the "wrong" side (the far wing is folded over the one we're looking at) but I suspect it is Agriphila geniculea. I think you are correct with Prays ruficeps but a more side-on image (outside of the pot) would have been more helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.