Sunday 2 September 2018

Micro queries from Cookham

Like Dave in Westcott, my most numerous moth in last night's garden trap was Square-spot Rustic. There was nothing of great note, but I do have a couple of micros I need confirmation or help with.

The first I found already deceased at the bottom of the trap, and it is rather worn, but I think there is sufficient colour and marking left to identify it as Enarmonia formosana? (The forewing length is 7mm.)


The second micro has a forewing length of 5mm, and I need help identifying it.


Steve Trigg, Cookham

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve, I agree with Enarmonia formosana for the tortrix. I think your gelechid looks good for Aproaerema anthyllidella which is common around here and I'm getting its second brood now too. However, it is supposed to be a species requiring dissection so if you haven't had one checked previously for your garden it would be a good idea to hang on to this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. I have not recorded Aproaerema anthyllidella in the garden before, so yes I will keep it.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.