Tuesday 11 September 2018

Garden first Dark Spectacle amidst a rather poor selection in Longwick

I wasn't sure whether to trap last night with the wind but in retrospect it was a good idea. Despite looking at countless Spectacle's in the years I have lived here I have never seen a  Dark Spectacle for some unknown reason - until I potted this one in the dark early this morning and discovered to my surprise it was the real thing!

Not much else around to be honest - Copper and Svennsons Copper Underwings , Light Emerald ( seemingly doing well) , Mouse Moth and Feathered Gothic the only real highlights.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I suspect they might be starting to become established locally as we've had a few reports this year (I had two over here in Westcott during July).

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.