Tuesday 16 February 2021

Almost a horde

Goodness, a multitude!  After almost forgetting what a moth looks like, I had a veritable crowd last night, the first mild one for ages. I hope that I'm right in ID-ing them as Pale Brindled Beauties above and Small Brindled Beauties below, with a Chestnut to add to the colour tones. Most of the moths were already on the wall near the trap at 11pm and only two actually went inside; a Pale Brindled Beauty and the Chestnut.  In spite of early morning rain, all the 'wall' moths were still snoozing away at 8.30am.

Separately, a very big thank you to Martin Townsend for confirming my iRecord moths and offering excellent advice on improving my use of the system.   Martin Wainwright, Thrupp, Oxon.



1 comment:

  1. Hello Martin,
    Yes, IDs all correct. Lucky you getting Small Brindled Beauty as well as Pale. Although found in all the woods hereabouts, it is only an occasional visitor to my garden!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.