Wednesday 16 April 2014

Little doing

I find negatives quite interesting and therefore am reporting that after about a week of inactivity re moths, I lit the lamp last night at Thrupp, Oxon, on what seemed a promising, mild evening. This morning saw a heavy frost on the ground and just two Early Greys, one Clouded Drab and one Common Quaker in the eggboxes. Judging by the relative paucity of recent posts, I guess others may be finding the same? And presumably it's because of chilly nights?  Martin Wainwright

2 comments:

  1. Hi Martin, maybe we should follow David Ferguson's example and seek out the day-flying moths instead! A good excuse to get out in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very good idea Steve. I'm much enjoying the Brimstones and Orange Tips at the moment - and a Brimstone moth in the trap last night cheered me - my first this year all v best M

    ReplyDelete