Thursday 29 June 2017

For ID please

Now things have quietened I've had a chance to go over some of the catches which aren't particularly obvious to me and I still can't make up my mind on

the fist is I think one of the Highflyers - but which one?

the second I think is Plutella porrectella

the third - I can't figure if it's worn or not - the orange patch on the forewing is confusing me

next one I was thinking one of the Swammerdamia but the orange patch on the head is throwing me off.

finally - Large Nutmeg?

Mark Griffiths, Garsington, Oxford





4 comments:

  1. Plutella porrectella is correct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark,

    I think you're right with Large Nutmeg on the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. July Highflyer and Coronet in the top photo

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks everyone - for the worn one I've now come to think it's a Heart & Dart - I had a similar not so far gone one yesterday.

    ReplyDelete