Friday 8 July 2016

COAM Moths - some id help please!

I left a couple of lights overnight at COAM on Wednesday.

Some NFYs for me included Large Twin-spot Carpet, Leopard Moth, Phtheochroa rugosana,  and Swallow-tailed Moth.





However, there were also an awful lot of micros, some of which are below, and some more I will try to photograph today if I can't id them myself...any ideas appreciated!

A micro ermine:
A pug (20mm w/s):
LBJ:
I hoped I'd find this one easily, but not so:

More later :)

Dave Morris, Chalfont St Gile

2 comments:

  1. Haven't had time to look at the others yet but your 'ermine' isn't one - it is Ethmia dodecea, a far superior catch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Dave. Another new one for the site...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.