Thursday 28 July 2016

Square-spotted Clay? and an Ear

This was taken at Hollington Wood in North Bucks on 25th July at a 40W actinic Skinner type trap.  I think it may be a Square-spotted Clay but could be wrong.  It is a chunky beast though which is not a feature I recall for Triple-spotted Clays and Double Square Spots.  The Amphipoea specimen was in my Robinson trap in my garden  at Newport Pagnell this morning.  I understand it is a genitalia job to identify which of the four it might be. As I see them so rarely, I am happy to leave it at that.

  








From Gordon Redford, Newport Pagnell, Bucks.






1 comment:

  1. Looks good for Square-spotted Clay Gordon. If you ever get the urge to know which Ear it is, you can always post it off to me.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.