Wednesday 21 October 2020

Odd moths

Had alot more moths in the trap this morning. I got quite excited about a couple of them but I've now decided that they are just slightly odd forms of common ones, but I'd like confirmation. So I have a Yellow-line Quaker with well marked oval & kidney but no black dot in the middle of the wing, a stunning looking Turnip. I think I also have a very dark Dark Sword-grass (I've lightened the picture and turned up the contrast). The final one from a few days ago, I can't decide between a worn Deep Brown Dart or a Black Rustic. 

Mark Griffiths, Garsington, Oxford


 






2 comments:

  1. Hi Mark,

    I agree with your Yellow-line Quaker. I think the second must be Turnip but I've not seen quite such a stunning example as that before! I'd be tempted to get it checked by Peter. The third one is just a dark Turnip (too short in the wing for Dark Sword-grass and with no sign of the black darts in the outer portion). The last one isn't easy but I think on balance probably a tired Deep-brown Dart.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.