Wednesday 23 March 2022

And another Lead-coloured!

Finally caught up with what I assume is Lead-coloured Drab in my Stoke Goldington garden. This moth preferred the actinic front door light to the MV trap! A better marked example than Phil's, significantly smaller than the Clouded specimens.


As an aside, if running two traps with different light sources on the same night, when entering records into iRecord, is it best to fill out two separate moth group forms, one for each source? Also, do you know if anything is actually done with the data corresponding the moths attracted to different kinds of light sources?

2 comments:

  1. Good question Keith! I used to enter actinic and MV separately in the past, but it's rather time-consuming, so I have started to lump under 'light-trapping'. But if it makes a difference I'll go back to separtae entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does depend on how much time you have available. I always keep separate lists for different traps, whether at home or recording in the field, but I realise not everyone has the patience to do that! I don't think much happens to that sort of information at the county level but when all the data goes to the National Moth Recording Scheme it could easily be of use to people doing research into different types of light sources.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.