Wednesday 23 March 2022

Luring

Following Dave's advice I have been putting the FUN lure out in the garden for the past few days and finally hit the jackpot!


I also ran the EMP lure in local woodland this afternoon at  4:00 pm and got a response within ten minutes.

I then moved to Foxcote to see whether there were any Little Gulls there, which there were, but as I watched an Emperor Moth flew in and through the hide, so obviously I had a trace of pheromone on my clothing, but it must only have been a trace. What an impressive sense of smell!

2 comments:

  1. Well done, Phil! If you get the opportunity to take the FUN lure to any of your local woods in the next few days I suspect you'll easily add new sites for Pammene giganteana. I've had the adult moth in Leckhampstead Wood and Salcey Forest, while Round Wood and Lenborough Wood south of Tingewick were ticked off with the lure last year, but that's about it for the north of the county!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.