Tuesday 29 March 2022

Epermenia chaerophyllella, Agonopterix alstromeriana and Oak Nycteoline.

First time I've been able to run the trap for over a week, and now the garden sallow has largely gone over and cold weather is forecast, may be a week or so before it is worth trapping again.

I had 12 species last night, mostly the usual suspects, but a few interesting ones.

Epermenia chaerophyllella, a new species for the garden, had me confused for a while.  The large brown scale tufts are characteristic.



 Agonopterix alstromeriana, as well as one in the trap, I had one in my allotment polytunnel yesterday which is in a different 2km square.

Finally, Oak Nycteoline (Nycteola revayana), a local species which I get regulatly in the  garden.


Neil Fletcher
Walter's Ash (VC24)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.