Sunday 10 May 2015

My first ever Fox moth in Bucks

I left my 15 watt actinic in Oakley woods last night, only to find a meagre 9 moths in it this morning, but highlight for me was a female Fox moth which had laid three good batches of eggs in the egg-boxes! I scattered the eggs amoungst Bramble which is a stated food plant and hope some will survive. The other moths in the trap were Great prominent (3); Frosted green (1); Nut-tree tussock (2); Oak-tree pug (1), and a female Adela reaumurella.   Dave Maunder
Fox moth, Oakley woods, 10-5-2015

Female Fox moth with eggs, 10-5-2015

2 comments:

  1. I trapped last year on Cors Caron NNR in Ceredigion and it was Fox female flying time. They beat May bug every time with the flight in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rare in Bucks and new for the site - brilliant, Dave!

    ReplyDelete