Wednesday 17 October 2018

Few migrants but still some interest in Longwick

I've said before I don't really get large numbers of migrants here unless they really are in large concentrations and the weekend produced none of the excitement seen by others - a Silver Y and a Diamond Back being the total migrant haul. However there was still some interest amongst the routine autumn fayre including my first Endotricha Flammealis for some time and the rather attractive choreutis pariana which was on the trap side last night. Apologies for the poor photo as there wasn't a great deal of light! (Now replaced with slightly brighter image) The bright red line close to the termen was what drew my attention in the torchlight. Also I trapped a Clepsis Dumicolana for the second time this year - so maybe they can disperse a little!


1 comment:

  1. Choreutis pariana is a smart little moth. It is more often found during the daytime sitting on flowers such as Michaelmas Daisy or Rudbeckia but I've not seen it this year (mainly because our plants have produced hardly any flowers - maybe I should have watered them during the summer!).

    I stand no chance of getting Clepsis dumicolana on our copious amounts of ivy over here if it has taken that long for the moth to travel from your front garden to your back garden!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.