Sunday 7 October 2018

Catching up on ID's!

I'm finally trying to catch up on all my moth records for the summer and have quite a few question marks in my scribbled notes! I will try my best to be better organised next year, but it has been a fantasist summer seeing all the different species that have appeared in my trap. I'm still amazed every time I open the trap up!

I would be very grateful for some help with the following :
Common Carpet? 19/7/18

Ear Moth? 19/7/18
Obscure Wainscot? 23/7/18

Olive? 1/8/18
Beaded Chestnut? 5/10/18
I did also take my trap on holiday...my family think I'm mad! But I was curious to see what different moths I could catch, so it came along for a week in East Devon and a week on The Gower. I know its not strictly Upper Thames but I would love some help with the ID's
Sharp-angled Peacock? 19/8/18 East Devon

Archer's Dart? 15/9/18 Gower

L-album Wainscot? 15/9/18 Gower
Many thanks in advance

Lorna Woolhouse, Checkendon, South Oxon

2 comments:

  1. Hello Lorna, yes all eight are correctly named. Ear Moth is the only one of the four Ear species that we seem to get around here but nevertheless it should still be recorded as an aggregate unless it has had its genitalia inspected (they are not separable on sight).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, many thanks Dave.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.