Wednesday 17 June 2015

A few micros...

... but no noticeable migrant activity in Wolvercote, Oxon - though I did just see what I think was a Silver Y flitting around the trap. Anyway, we've had a few tricky micros in the last few days, and I'd be grateful for some confirmations/second opinions. Firstly, what I'd very tentatively identify as a Nematopogon metaxella, from 7th June, although we've had plenty of them recently; then a possible Phalonidia manniana from the 11th, about 6mm long; a presumed Scoparia pyralella from the 14th, some 9mm long; and a couple of possible relations which turned up on 8th June, Traxiomera fulvimetrella and Traxiomera parasitella, some 7 and 8mm long respectively. All help, as ever, gratefully received.

Steve and Xander Goddard

Possible Nematopogon metaxella, 7/6/15

Possible Phalonidia manniana, 11/6/15

Possible Scoparia pyralella, 14/6/15

Possible Traxiomera fulvimetrella, 8/6/15

Possible Traxiomera parasitella, 8/6/15

2 comments:

  1. Hello Steve & Xander, I'd go along with all of your suggestions there apart from Triaxomera fulvimitrella which I can't really see enough of in that picture to voice an opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dave -- I'll maybe put up another pic of the Triaxomera if I can find a better one.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.