Thursday 25 June 2015

Vague about Grey, Part 2





Just to follow my post of earlier today and Dave and Peter's help in Comments, I went back to the eggboxes and rephotographed three moths which include the two shown this morning. I'm sorry the pics are still dark - it was very sunny but my camera tends to darken things in such conditions, at least in my hands, but I found a ruler so have scale. As I say in replying to Dave and Peter in Comments on the previous post, they do all look like Large Nutmegs as Peter suggested. But maybe not.  A bonus of returning to the trap was discovering the overlooked Least Black Arches (I think) below. Sorry it looks as though it's photographed through fog. Many thanks again, Martin Wainwright, Thrupp, Oxon

3 comments:

  1. Martin

    I think your Least Black Arches is a Muslin Footman, have a look and see what you think. A much better moth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much indeed, Martin. I am sure you are right. I've had the Muslin Footman here in early July for both the last two years and the pictures confirm it. One day I will get something right... Much obliged and all best M

    ReplyDelete
  3. and the others are all Large Nutmeg.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.