Monday 7 September 2020

The Nicotiana delivers again

I've been looking out for Convolvulus Hawkmoth for a few weeks now, and finally the wait is over, just checked the moth trap and about 4m up the wall of the house next to the moth trap there it was!
Apologies for the dodgy photo, but the combination of light and distance makes photos very hard.  I'll see if it comes to the trap and try and get a better shot tomorrow.
I grow a patch of Nicotiana close to where the moth trap is located which has produced 3 previous records from the garden, 2 in 2016 and 1 in 2018.  
Still waiting for the Clifden Nonpareil though!
Neil Fletcher
Walter's Ash, VC24


2 comments:

  1. Very nice! Amazing how they seem able to sniff out the Nicotiana from a great distance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very jealous Neil. I have Nicotiana alata and sylvestris everywhere in my garden, but no luck as of yet.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.