Thursday 5 May 2016

Micro ID help needed



 I have never really bothered trying to identify micro-moths in the past apart from the really obvious ones. Last night I caught my first micro of the year. Unfortunately it is rather nondescript and a little worn. I really have no idea where to start. Any pointers in the right direction would be welcome even if it is not to species level.

Other than that it was good to get a Waved Umber and a Bright-Line Brown-Eye in addition to the now rather too familiar Orthosias.




Andy Newbold, Sibford Ferris, Oxon.


2 comments:

  1. Maybe your micro list is back to zero again. It looks a bit like an Oak Nycteoline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. At least it was a moth unlike the three caddis flies I caught last night which I thought at first might be micros!

    ReplyDelete