Monday 9 May 2016

Finally found a few decent moths

I left my 15 watt actinic Skinner trap in mixed decidous woodland in the Chilterns Saturday night, and got Frosted Green (5), Lunar Marbled Brown (1), Lesser Swallow Prominent (1), Early Grey (1), Small Quaker (1), Common Quaker (1), Hebrew Character (5), Clouded Drab (6), Brindled Beauty (4), Brown Silver Lines (1), Red Twin-spot Carpet (1), Spruce Carpet (1), Brindled Pug (9), and Acleris literana (2).  I had the help of my wife and son to help me carry and set up the equipment, which was a great help now i'm not as mobile as i used to be, so the above list was quite pleasing!      Dave Maunder
Brindled Beauties, 7-5-2016

Frosted Greens, 7-5-2016

1 comment:

  1. Brindled Beauty seems to be having a really good year locally.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.