Wednesday 1 May 2019

Quiet night

I left two lights around the countryside last night. The 6 watt actinic at the Burial Park caught more moths than an 80w MV at the museum, not sure why it was so quiet.

The Burial Park light caught my first Maiden's Blush and Spruce Carpet for the year, although there wasn't much more room in there with 8 Great Prominents.

The Museum light attracted fewer than 10 moths (!) but at least one was a first for year Seraphim, and also this presumably Cnephasia tortix. I have retained it if a chop would help?


Dave Morris
Chalfont St Giles

3 comments:

  1. Yes, that'll need the chop to get to species, Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mate, Drop it off to me next time I see you, and I will do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK! Did you take a look at those things we caught at COAM as well?

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.