Tuesday 7 September 2021

A few nice moths, and some questions

Given the warm night last night, I ran a couple of traps in the garden. About 40 species recorded, including a few moths which I did not immediately recognise and which I hope are interesting.  And several others that I have not seen since last year and needed some time to remind mysolf what they were!

I think this is Vagrant Piercer Cydia amplana but I would welcome confirmation or correction.  New for me if it is.

Really not sure about this, looks like it might be a worn Six-striped Rustic Xestia sexstrigata, but not convinced.  I've tried unsuccessfully to turn it into several other things.  I have a nagging doubt that I've overlooked something obvious.  Your views most welcome.


 I'm completely flummoxed by this one.  Can't seem to match to anything obvious.

This one had me confused for quite a while, but I have persuaded myself it is Green-brindled Crescent Allophyes oxyacanthae. Hopefully someone can confirm or correct.


All have been retained, just in case.

Neil Fletcher
Walter's Ash, VC24

2 comments:

  1. Hi Neil

    In addition to C. amplana you have a Square-spot Rustic and 2 Flounced Rustics, but credit to you for retaining them.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.