Friday 3 September 2021

Yellow-barred Brindle? and "Common" Moths

 I'm thinking this is my first Yellow-barred Brindle of the year? 

 

Re common moths I've had alot of Common Wainscots, 76 last night. I generally get smaller catches than those using MVs so for me that's really a high number of anything. Setacaceous Hebrew Characters are also up but at much lower numbers. White-point is also well up, usually I will get only one, yesterday I got 8. 

First Clifden Nonpareil the other night, a few nights before I got the comparibly small Red Underwing.

Nice to find four Small Square-spots this morning, including one that looked a bit odd.

Mark Griffiths, Garsington, Oxford.

2 comments:

  1. For me too Common Wainscot has been in good numbers of late, but with Setaceous Hebrew Character outstripping them each night. Also numerous have been Small Square-spot, Square-spot Rustic and Large Yellow Underwing, these five species making up 40% of the total catch of 217 moths (of 37 species) a couple of nights ago. More White-points here than last year too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark, yes to Yellow-barred Brindle.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.