Thursday 13 July 2023

Golden Cinnabar membership

 I have had a deeply frustrating time trying to make a donation and to join the Golden Cinnabar club.

I don't want to, and will not, use paypal to make a donation having had a bad experience with them in the past.

While you APPEAR to be given the option to use a debit or credit card, when I filled in my details, including my credit card details, and attempted to make a donation, the site brought up   Paypal options to join and pay via them. When I tried to continue to complete my donation using the credit card details I had already filled in, it wouldn't let me and said I had to complete the application details for Paypal.

I aborted my attempt to join as I couldn't find a way around this impasse. I repeat, I will not use Paypal and I object to this attempt to force me to do so!!

Alan Diver

2 comments:

  1. I have a feeling that the Golden Cinnabar is actually run by a different organisation, I see that other atlas sites use it, e.g Norfolk moths although I've not suceeded in being able to log in on their site so far. I suggest you contact the admin admin@lepidoptera.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark. Thanks for your info. I am aware of the Norfolk site and use it quite a lot and understood that membership of the Golden cinnabar club would give access to detailed information on their site like detailed maps. My cousin, David Hipperson is a former recorder of Norfolk moths.

    I would be interested to hear from people involved in setting up the Upper Thames site and their understanding of the situation with the Golden Cinnabar club and what it gives members. i am keen to access detailed information in my area of Oxon.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.