Wednesday 18 April 2018

2 micros in the garden trap

It can sometimes be quite a challenge just to spot the smaller micros hiding in my skinner garden trap, let alone identify them. So I am quite pleased to have noticed these two.
The first is actually a springtime regular to my garden - Dyseriocrania subpurpurella.


The other micro is a new addition to my garden list - Caloptilia semifascia.


On a different topic, I had my Emperor Moth pheromone lure out in the garden this afternoon. No luck so far, but I'll continue trying.
Steve Trigg, Cookham

1 comment:

  1. My garden trap was heaving with assorted flies last night but sadly no micros amongst them - or anything else of interest either!

    I've had no Emperor Moth emergences yet amongst last year's brood (or indeed those left over from the previous year) although there was a bit of movement from a couple of cocoons today so I'm hopeful something might happen tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.