Sunday 22 April 2018

A micro question and comments

Not sure about this one. I thought maybe Acleris schalleriana? About 7mm in length.


My first Plutella xylostella of the year turned up last night. Brindled Beauty seem to be doing well here this year with 34 being recorded over the last 3 nights. Going through the trap has been slowed down by dozens of December moth caterpillars that have just hatched from the eggs laid all over the egg boxes late last year.

Andy Newbold, Sibford Ferris, Oxon.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with schalleriana, Andy. Getting a bit long in the tooth now, having been around since last October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I realised that it was not as fresh as it might have been but still managed to escape when I was trying to get a better look at it. A first for me anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.