Monday 5 August 2019

A few tricky ones

I've got a batch of tricky pugs and micros from my Sonning garden in the last week that I'd welcome help with. The two Pugs may possibly be the same species - both appear worn and yet have visible suffused markings which I don't recognise. I've had a go at identifying the micros and would welcome confirmation/correction.



                                                                 Blastobasis adustella?

                                                                       Cydia splendana?

                                                                        Dioryctia spp ?

                                                                        Hellinsia spp?

Amblyptilia acanthadactyla ?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Alistair, I'll pass on the pugs and the first plume. I agree with the others except the Dioryctria is Euzophera pinguis.

    I'd be interested how commonly people trap the dark form of Cydia splendana. I had my first last week and trap this species fairly regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks. Pretty sure that's the first dark form of Cydia splendana I have seen.

      Delete
  2. I can't help with the pugs or the first plume either, but the latter lokks like one that would have been worth hanging on to for dissection.

    The dark form of Cydia splendana is not uncommon and I've had one or two in the garden already this year. You see it more in woodland where the moth can be numerous at the trap.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.