Saturday 17 August 2019

Micro from this week

After a couple of weeks in Greece (where our accommodation didn't prove to be very moth trap-friendly), I've run my actinic trap in my garden in Wolvercote, Oxfordshire on a couple of non-rainy nights this week, with not terribly much to show for it, though a Purple Bar on the 14th was a relatively nice garden record. The micro below looks like some form of Cydia, but I can't place what: it was distinctly short at about 7mm - as ever, all suggestions very welcome.

Unknown micro, 14/8/19
Steve Goddard

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve

    Your picture is of an Epinotia and looks to me like one of the many forms of E.nisella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dave -- that makes very good sense.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.