Sunday 18 August 2019

Possible White-point?

I had to go over last night's garden catch in Wolvercote, Oxfordshire, in the shelter of a shed, as a very heavy shower intervened, so light conditions for photos weren't great. I had a couple of individuals which were on the Clay/White-point borderline, and only got a halfway decent photo of one of them, included below. My sense is that it looks more like a White-point - the 'speck' doesn't look especially tear-like, and the patterning looks similar to the illustration of the White-point in the Bible. I'm grateful for any thoughts.

Possible White-point, 17/8/19
Steve Goddard

3 comments:

  1. Looks good for White-point to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Martin -- I think I'm going to assume that's what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve White-point is now regular around Oxford I'm slightly surprised you haven't seen it before. Its quite distinctive once you get to know it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.