Monday 5 August 2019

Caloptilia semifascia and others

Caloptilia semifascia confusion.

On 1st August I caught what I thought was Caloptilia semifascia Autumn generation and then the following night what looked like Caloptilia semifascia Summer generation.



I can't decide on this. Probably dying when caught but sitting in a strange posture like a Scalloped Hook-tip. Photo of the now dead moth.


Maybe Helcytogramma rufescens. 9mm in length

A very dark individual with no clear markings. 7mm in length.

.
Andy Newbold, Sibford Ferris.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andy,

    I agree with you on both of your Caloptilias (co-incidence!). The next is an ex Small Blood-vein and I agree with Helcystogramma rufescens, but I'm afraid I can't offer anything for the tortrix.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.