Friday 27 July 2018

Another putative scythris limbella? - Longwick

A very big catch last night entirely dominated by Mother of Pearl and Straw Dot. It has taken its time but Tree Lichen Beauty finally made it here - hurrah! Vapourer, Poplar hawk and maidens Blush added to the variety as did 7 Diamond Back. However one moth reminded me of Steve Lockey's post earlier in the week - 8mm in length.

Here are two photos - the second a rather blurry blown-up version. Interested in everyone's thoughts.


3 comments:

  1. Looks spot on for that species to me, not that I've ever see one. A pRDB species, so rare. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks a good match to me too! Assuming you've still got the moth could you hang on to it please, Andrew? There's only one previous record for Bucks and that was from Stony Stratford in 2003.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dave yes I still have it. I'm working from home today so if you are in the area you would be welcome to come over and take a look!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.