Thursday 19 July 2018

New tiger for the garden

When I was a kid and first getting interested in moths, rather a lot of years ago, we had family holidays on the south coast at Dawlish. One of the highlights for me was seeing Jersey Tigers flying around in broad daylight - they seemed incredibly exotic and beautiful. I've seen Jersey Tigers once or twice since then, again on the south coast, but last night one came to visit my garden in Great Kimble.



Very pleasing to see, and I wonder if it will become as familiar an addition to the garden moths as the Scarlet Tiger has done. Garden Tiger on the other hand has become much more elusive and has never been seen in the garden here.

1 comment:

  1. It was also a first for my Maidenhead garden on 16 July. Also I've had several records for Bucks from the general public. Perhaps it is spreading a bit more quickly with the hot weather

    ReplyDelete