Monday 9 July 2018

Marlow Bottom 8 July

I had a bit of a 'mare with my trap this morning, as having got up to secure it early on, I went back later in the morning to find my 'secure' lid had fallen in to the trap, allowing escape, plus the Blackbirds were helping themselves to those not in the trap........

......Anyway, pleased to see not one but two Acompsia schmidtiellus, which were new for the garden, but not unexpected I guess, given the amount of marjoram in the garden. The first blurred picture was taken last night, the second was from my lounge this morning, which is clearly a better marked individual with more visible black spots.



Only my second record of Cydalima perspectalis following one from last Autumn, but I suppose these will become more frequent - I'm checking my box bushes over!


Otherwise nothing too exciting for this garden. I did get four species of Thorn: August, September, Dusky and Early, with Purple showing a couple of nights ago; a rather worn example of the regular Nemapogon clematella and am still seeing Mocha most traps, which are presumably second brood now.

On the non-moth front, I saw a Drepanepteryx phalaenoides, which is just the second individual I've seen here.


Adam Bassett

1 comment:

  1. That's a fantastic lace-wing, isn't it? Deserves to be an honorary moth!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.