Thursday 26 July 2018

Still catching up...

... very slowly, here in Wolvercote, Oxfordshire. Here are a few uncertainties from as long ago as late May, I'm afraid: the first from way back on 21st May, which I suspect I should easily get, but haven't managed to:

Unknown macro, 21/5/18
A couple of micros from 28th May, the first of which looks distinctive, but I can't seem to find in the relevant book; the second of which is clearly one of a few candidate species, but I can't decide which:

Unknown micro, 28/5/18

Unknown micro, 28/5/18
Another quite distinctive-looking individual from 30th May:

Unknown micro, 30/5/18
What I think might be a Phalonidia manniana from 27th May:

Possible Phalonidia manniana, 27/5/18
And a couple from 1st June: a macro I should be able to manage, but can't seem to pin down, and a micro which, I guess, may well turn out to be too faded to do anything with.

Unknown macro, 1/6/18

Unknown micro, 1/6/18
As ever, all ideas gratefully received!

Steve Goddard

3 comments:

  1. Hi Steve, your unknown macro from 1/6/18 is a Broken-barred Carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Steve, the first is a Rustic Shoulder-knot. From those pictures I can't offer 100% confirmation of any of the micros although those from 28/5 and 27/5 could possibly both be Phalonidia manniana (the first seems very heavily marked though). The all-black micro from 30/5 is most probably Psyche casta but you give no size reference. The final one is a worn Bactra species.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks, both -- the Rustic Shoulder-knot I should have worked out (and the Broken-barred Carpet, come to that; that's a lifer, though).

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.