Monday 2 July 2018

Couple of Longwick Queries

A lot of moths last night but nothing that stands out especially. Certainly a large surge in Common Footman, A new Ruby Tiger, Mother of Pearl starting to appear and my first Light Arches and Waved Black of the year. I have a couple of queries - an obvious tortrix (length 9mm)  that I can't spot and a gelechid perhaps rhombella? Three Silver Y in the trap is also a reasonable number for my garden.

There is no science involved but I get a sense that I am seeing a lot of "small" versions of moths at the moment including a few very "least" least carpets!





1 comment:

  1. Better images would be a great help, Andrew! Have a look at Cydia fagiglandana for the first, while the second looks as though it might be a worn example of Borkhausenia fuscescens.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.