Wednesday 8 August 2018

Mini moths and ID's please

Can I first say how grateful I am for the patience and expertise of DW etc in responding to my posts.

There have been several posts about undersized 
moths this year. Here is an example, this
Beautifully marked, Blood vein, has only a FW
Of 12mm compared to expected 15/18.


Cloaked minor?

Least black arches?

Red-barred tortrix?

Struggling with this Pug? with a black tail
Checked with original, and it isn't a photographic apparition.

Alan Diver,
Tackley.




1 comment:

  1. Hello Alan, Cloaked Minor is correct, then you have Parapoynx stratiotata (Ringed China-mark) and Ditula angustiorana (Red-barred Tortrix). I won't even hazard a guess at the pug, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.