Saturday 9 June 2018

Some more micros

From last night there are a couple of micros that I could do with help with.
The first moth (pictures 1 and 2) is 10mm in length.
The second (picture 3) I assume is my first Cnephasia sp. of the year (9mm). I am not sure whether I should be keeping these for dissection or not?
Finally from over the border in Warwickshire and to make a change from rather nondescript micros I was pleased to come across several Commophila aeneana flying in the sunshine last week.







Andy Newbold, Sibford Ferris, Oxon.

4 comments:

  1. If you want your Cnephasias identified, then yes, you should be keeping them for dissection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about Bactra lancealana for the first one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andy, I agree with Nigel that the first is a Bactra and almost certainly lancealana but to me your second one looks more like Isotrias rectifasciana than a Cnephasia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. I did not think the second looked quite right for Cnephasia. All very helpful as always.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.