Monday 25 June 2018

IDs and confirmations please

Saw the first Scarlet Tiger flying around the garden yesterday afternoon and one in the trap (maybe the same one), this morning.

The first two I think might be just slightly different examples of familiar species,  Riband Wave and Willow Beauty?


The next two photos of the same individual I'm thinking Coleophora sp? but equally a micro caddis

The next two photos I think is Coleophora sp. but however good a shot I manage it will need a chop?

The final one is Scoparia ambigualis?

Mark Griffiths, Garsington, Oxford








3 comments:

  1. First two are correct.
    3 & 4 are caddis - antennae too long for Coleophora
    5 & 6 may also be caddis, but not sure
    7 I'll leave for someone else

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark, 5 and 6 do look to me like a Coleophorid but your comment is correct - very few of this family can be ID'd safely on sight! The scoparid at the end I would say was ambigualis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks both - the Coleophorid is currently queued for the chop.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.