Friday 8 June 2018

Museum Again...

A couple of hundred moths in the trap at the museum last night. Some species were new for the year, including Garden Pebble (Evergestis forficalis), Pandemis cerasana, Diamond-back Moth (Plutella xylostella), Green Pug, Riband Wave, Small Dusty Wave, Purple Bar, Clouded Silver, Bramble Shoot (Notocelia uddmanniana), Lozotaenia fosterana, Green Oak Tortix (Tortix viridana), Snout, Poplar Hawk-moth, Marbled White Spot, Broad-barred White and Buff Ermine.

Also, I'd appreciate some assistance as to the identities of these if possible (for reasons of disorganisation, none have been retained):










Dave Morris, Chalfont St Giles

7 comments:

  1. 5th is Blastobasis lacticolella and the next is a Mottled Rustic. The others I can’t see well enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've lightened the other 4 pics in case it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the 4th one is Cochylis atricapitana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm no expert in any way but could number 3 be Gypsonoma Oppressana?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks good to me. The trap was literally at the base of a poplar tree!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.