Saturday 23 June 2018

two out of four ain't bad

I snuck out this morning while the wife wasn't watching to do some daytime mothing in Chalfont St Peter. First stop was Chalfont Park lake - where earlier in the week I had found what I believed to be Hornet Moth emergence holes around the base of some poplars (Hybrid Black possibly). I put out the HOR Lure at 9.30am and within 10 minute it was buzzed by the actual moth - Result! Though it is possibly the worst photo of the year but it only stayed for a flypast.
 
Next I spent an two hours not finding Currant or Red-Tipped Clearwing - oh well. As I was in the area, I dropped in on the Forester site in Chalfont Heights. Despite clouds of Marbled Whites and Swarms of Six-Spot Burmets, I only found 1 Forester and that wasn't even on Scabious.
 
Rob Payne - Escapee from Harrow
 


1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.