Saturday 2 June 2018

Grass Rivulet and micros

Having had very few micros this year last night came as a bit of a shock. Having spent most of the day trying to identify moths I am still left with a number of questions and any help would be appreciated. I'll send the first batch now and then some more tomorrow when I have had a better look myself. The micros were all 5-6mm in length. My ideas are as follows.

1  Grass Rivulet?
2  Dichrorampha sequana. Dozens flying in the field next to my garden in the late afternoon.
3 Bryotropha affinis?
4 Opostega salaciella or Elachista argentella?
5 No idea and it escaped before I could get a better photo.






Andy Newbold, Sibford Ferris, Oxon.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andy, on a quick look no: 5 is Coptotriche marginea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That certainly looks right for no. 5.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.