Wednesday 26 June 2019

Some gen. det. results

I think it is interesting to follow up on previous queries that have since been confirmed by gen. det., so I have listed a few below.  Some of these go back to last year, as I don't send Peter too many moths.  Thanks as always to Peter for his work in determining these.

Epinotia solandriana 20/07/18 - confirmed the identification


Prays ruficeps 27/08/18 - confirmed the identification


Elachista subocellea 15/06/2019 - confirmed the identification


Monopis crocicapitella - I get a lot of Monopis obviella/crocicapitella and had thought I was getting obviella and was looking out for crocicapitella types for confirmation.  I sent over three thinking one was obviella, one was either and one was crocicapitella.  They all came back as crocicapitella, so I now have to look to see if any are in fact obviella.



I get a lot of Epinota nisella and sent over two grey/brown types to check for cineceana, both came back as nisella.



Adam Bassett
Marlow Bottom

2 comments:

  1. That's very interesting, Adam. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seconded - really good to see the outcomes and the reason why some moths need careful checks!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.