Sunday 16 June 2019

Marlow Bottom June 15th

My last two night's catches were fairly small with not much out of the ordinary, the cold temperature not helping things.  I did, however, have an unfamiliar micro which reminded me of Andy Newbold's recent post and I think it may be Elachista subocellea.  Is there anything else that looks like this?



Also, a bit of a mystery macro that has obviously taken a battering.  I wonder if anyone can make it out from what is left of the markings.  My best guess is Shears, frequent here and the right size, but it's off to Peter for confirmation.


Adam Bassett

3 comments:

  1. Hi Adam,
    The Elachista does seem to resemble subocellea but it must be really washed out because the yellowish scales are usually far more prominent. I'd be tempted to keep that one for Peter too, especially as there appear to be only four or five previous records for Bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave, will do. What are the other possibilities?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.